Installing a Sun Star solar swimming pool system allows you to take advantage of the sun's abundant energy to heat your swimming pool for free. After thier initial purchase, solar swimming pool panels are free to operate. The water is heated during your swimming pools filtration operation. Water travels thru your pool pump and filter during normal filtration operation. The water then travels thru the solar panel collectors, the heat is transfered to the water, then returns to the swimming pool.
SUNSTAR solar collectors are a unique solar collector.
- The style construction virtually eliminates wind load and allows your roof to breathe.
- No seams or welds means no stress or age cracks -- and allows SunStar to withstand very high temperatures and burst pressures.
- SunStar collectors, when installed, have no gaps between collectors and no visible installation hardware.
- Tubes expand and contract independently so cracks from wear and tear are eliminated.
- Innovative mounting pad installation system in most cases requires limited roof penetration per collector.
- The special manufacturing technology and design makes SUNSTAR a durable and yet flexible solar panel.
- A SUNSTAR solar pool heating system can extend your swimming season well into the spring and fall. In some geographical regions, it will lengthen your swim season up to 12 months.
- SUNSTAR was tested in solar laboratories in the U.S.A and Spain, performing high durability at extreme weather conditions and high efficiency sun radiant energy.
- Will work inline with gas pool heaters and heat pumps.
- Automatic Controls can be added to control the amount of heat the panels create.
SUNSTAR's unique square manifold construction:
- They are built from a multitude of individual tubes, connected by an "Over-Molded" square manifold header.
- Maximizes flow characteristics and increases heating efficiency.
- SunStar collectors, when installed, have no gaps between collectors and no visible installation hardware. SunStar installations are simple, sleek and aesthetically pleasing.
- Minimizes roof penetration by using innovative plastic pad installation.
- Individual tube design eliminates wind load, certifying that SunStar collectors will withstand hurricane force winds!
- Creates the strongest roofmounting with the highest durability to winds and other extreme weather conditions.
- SUNSTAR's modular basic units can be easily joint together, mounted on the roof and connected to a standard piping system, using PLASTIC MAGEN's special fittings and accessories.
SUNSTAR is produced in the same sizes as the HELIOCOL solar collector by Plastic Magen Industries.
SUNSTAR Models and Dimensions:
- STR 30 Panel Dimension: Ft. 4' x 8'; Cm.124/231
- STR-40 Panel Dimension: Ft. 4' x 10.5'; Cm. 124/325
- STR-50 Panel Dimension: Ft. 4' x 12.5'; Cm.124/385
** The area needed for SUNSTAR solar collectors to heat your pool depends on many factors. Depending on the pool's geographic location, roof orientation, pool configuration and your heating requirements, The surface area of a SUNSTAR solar heating system can range up to 120% of the pool's surface area. Please contact us for proper sizing of your SUNSTAR solar heating system.
* Warranty Information*
SUNSTAR solar collectors by Plastic Magen Industries offer a 12 year full, lifetime limited parts and labor warranty(10 years outside the USA) on all it's manufacturer components.
For information on proper sizing, accessories needed and cost to install a SUNSTAR Pool Heating System contact us at 1-800-725-4008.
Jandy, Rheem, Hayward, Raypak, Pentair Pools, Goldline controls, salt chlorinators,pool pumps, filters, Heliocoil solar panels by Plastic Magen, SunStar Solar Panels
Discount Prices on pool heating!